Microsoft OneNote is a computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users’ notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network.
Previously, OneNote was available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Microsoft abandoned this version in favor of a feature-reduced and touch-optimized Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform application (UWP-App) version. Microsoft also publishes versions of OneNote as a free, standalone application for macOS, Windows RT, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. Microsoft also provides a web-based version of OneNote as part of OneDrive and Office Online; this version enables users to edit notes in a web browser.
Your World, Organized
- Get organized in notebooks you can divide into sections and pages. With easy navigation and search, you’ll always find your notes right where you left them.
Gather your thoughts, then make them even better
- Revise your notes with type, highlighting, or ink annotations. With OneNote across all your devices, you’ll never miss a flash of inspiration.
Share and collaborate
- Great minds don’t always think alike, but they can share ideas and create together in OneNote.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.11 or higher
- Google Android smartphones and tablets 4.1 or higher
- Apple iOS 9 or higher
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Mac and iOS only)
- 2 GB RAM for Windows 7 and above
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz Processor