Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet developed by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. It has been a very widely applied spreadsheet for these platforms, especially since version 5 in 1993, and it has replaced Lotus 1-2-3 as the industry standard for spreadsheets. Excel forms part of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
Turn data into insights
- Enhanced by intelligence, Excel learns your patterns, organizing your data to save you time. Create spreadsheets with ease from templates or on your own, and perform calculations with modern formulas.
Get a better picture of your data
- New charts and graphs help you present your data in compelling ways, with formatting, sparklines, and tables to better understand your data. Easily create forecasts with just a click to predict trends.
Work better together
- Share your workbook with others and always work on the latest version for real-time collaboration to help get work done faster. With Office 365, work within an Excel file from mobile, desktop, and web.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.11 or higher
- Google Android smartphones and tablets 4.1 or higher
- Apple iOS 9 or higher
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Mac and iOS only)
- 2 GB RAM for Windows 7 and above
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz Processor